Disable SIP ALG on Arris SURFboard SBG6580
This article will assist a technician or end-user with disabling SIP ALG to support SIP VoIP phones behind the Arris/Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 device.
- User must have administrative rights to the device (if other than default).
- Known firmware bugs in version >3.3 causes RTP to drop mid-call, causing audio to cut out completely and not return.
- SIP ALG enabled by default, but can be disabled in newer firmware versions.
- The DHCP DNS servers (DHCP option 6) cannot be changed, causing intermittent DNS lookup failures that affect only Polycom phones. This causes intermittent call and phone registration failures on Polycom phones.
- Login to the device administration interface. Default IP, username and password can be found here.
- Click the Advanced Link at the top of the screen.
- Uncheck the SIP ALG Enable option.
- When the Warning - Your Modem Needs to be Rebooted for SIP ALG to be Disabled message appears, click the OK button.
- Below the SIP ALG Enable option, click the Apply button to save changes.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Status.
- In the left-hand menu, click Configuration.
- Click the Reboot button.
|KB Article ID:||00006|
|KB Article Permalink:||http://kb.sleepyshark.com/article.php?id=6|
|Published:||Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:27 PM|
|Updated:||Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM|
|This article has been viewed 3008 times.|