VoIP call quality issues with Netgear CG3000DR
Discontinued by manufacturer
This article will assist a technician or end-user with resolving call quality issues with Netgear CG3000DCR device.
- User must have administrative rights to the device (if other than default).
- Comcast has confirmed the Netgear CG3000DCR causes severe problems with VoIP that persists after several firmware updates, even with the latest version 1.34 (as of 5/2014).
- Firemware bugs cause intermittent spikes in latency on the LAN, causing audio to cut in/out and faxes to fail. This occurs even if the the gateway is bridged.
- SIP ALG is enabled by default and causes one-way audio and phone feature failures. NO LOCAL SETTINGS - ONLY COMCAST CAN DISABLE SIP ALG.
- Software firewall interferes with phone registration.
- Due to software/firmware bugs, the only solution is to replace the Netgear CG3000DCR with a newer, VoIP friendly gateway.
|KB Article ID:||00074|
|KB Article Permalink:||http://kb.sleepyshark.com/article.php?id=74|
|Published:||Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM|
|Updated:||Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:34 AM|
|This article has been viewed 132 times.|