Disable SIP ALG on Edgewater 200AE2
This article will assist a technician or end-user with disabling SIP ALG to support SIP VoIP phones behind the Edgewater Networks 200AE2 device.
- User must have administrative rights to the device (if other than default).
- This device has SIP ALG and it must be disabled in order to avoid issues with phone registration and fax/call feature quality of service.
- This device must be configured to a set of efficient DNS servers in order to prevent phone registration errors due to DNS timeout responses in Polycom devices.
- Login to the device administration interface.
- Click on VoIP ALG.
- If Use ALG Alias IP Addresses is checked, uncheck it.
- If any settings on this page are enabled (checked), disable them.
- Click Submit.
- Click on VoIP ALG -> SIP -> ALG.
- In the From header box, make sure SIP Server Address (default) is checked.
- Click Commit.
If Polycom phones are on the LAN, follow these additional steps
- Click on System -> Network Information.
- Under DNS Servers, check Manually Set DNS.
- Set the DNS server:
- Primary: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary: 184.108.40.206
|KB Article ID:||00075|
|KB Article Permalink:||http://kb.sleepyshark.com/article.php?id=75|
|Published:||Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM|
|Updated:||Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 2:02 PM|
|This article has been viewed 462 times.|