Disable SIP ALG on Ubee DDW3610
This article will assist a technician or end-user with disabling SIP ALG to support SIP VoIP phones behind the Ubee DDW3610 device.
- User must have administrative rights to the device (if other than default).
- Some firmware versions that this device users do not have an option to disable SIP ALG. Please contact the ISP for further assistance.
- No ability to change the DHCP DNS servers to more efficient DNS servers. Many standard ISP DNS servers take too long to relay the Polycom phones' DNS lookup requests, whcih causes their requests to timeout. This results in call and phone regitration issues on Polycom phones only.
- DNS proxy/relay cannot be disabled, which causes Polycom DNS lookup timeouts as well.
- Login to the device administration interface. Default IP, username and password can be found here.
- Click on Firewall at the top of the page.
- Click on Content Filter.
- Uncheck SIP.
- Click the Apply button.
|KB Article ID:||00009|
|KB Article Permalink:||http://kb.sleepyshark.com/article.php?id=9|
|Published:||Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:48 PM|
|Updated:||Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM|
|This article has been viewed 199 times.|